Hydrogen storage expertise
We use filament wet winding to manufacture high-strength, lightweight composite CFRP tanks. Braiding and resin transfer moulding is used for vessels with a more complex geometry. We have the equipment to create a wide range of H2 pressure vessels, whether it is for vehicular use or at a facility. We frequently provide CFRP pressure vessels for:
- Hydrogen storage infrastructure
- Hydrogen transportation for refueling
- Hydrogen-powered rail vehicles
- Hydrogen-powered buses, trucks and other heavy duty vehicles
- Hydrogen-powered cars.
We are working on numerous projects including the development of a new hydrogen storage system that can store more than 1,000kg of H2 at a nominal working pressure of 500 bar. High-strength, lightweight composite Type 4 pressure vessels are embedded in standard containers for use at H2 fueling stations, providing accelerated fueling for multiple vehicles.
We create Type 4 pressure vessels with nominal working pressures of 350, 500 or 700 bar.
As one of the biggest purchasers of carbon fibre in Europe, we have been pushing the boundaries of carbon fibre manufacture for over 20 years. We test every batch of fibre and resin in-house, so customers can be confident in the quality, strength and reliability of every tank we manufacture.
Certification and audits
Hydrogen pressure vessels from EMS undergo both intensive testing. Our pressure vessels fulfill all industrial certification requirements according to the following standards.
Hydrogen Storage according to the industrial standards:
- DIN EN 12245: Transportable Gas Cylinder
- ISO 11119-3: Transportable Gas Cylinder
- EC 79: Fuel Tanks
- UNR134: Fuel Tanks
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
- ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System.